Elastomeric Engineered Seals
Custom Engineered Elastomer Seals are used when extremely low leakage rates are required. We engineer a sealing solution by combining the optimal seal design and elastomer material to meet your application requirements.
Why use an Elastomeric Engineered Seal?
- Provides extremely low leakage rates
- Provides a greater temperature range than a convention elastomer U-cup
- Resists against compression set, and thermal shrinkage
What are Elastomeric Engineered Seals?
- Can be uni-directional, or bi-directional (O-ring, Tetra-Ring, or T-seal)
- Often utilizes a metal spring energizer to be an improvement over conventional Elastomeric Seals.
- The use of high-performance Duron® elastomeric material provides excellent chemical resistance.
- Materials commonly used are FFKM, FKM (Viton®), Aflas®
AFLAS® registered trademark of Asahi Glass CO., LTD. (AGC Chemicals)
Viton® registered trademark of DuPont Performance Elastomers LLC
Where are Elastomeric Engineered Seals Used?
- Fugitive Emission for Valve Stem Seals
- Aircraft Braking Systems
- Secondary Seals Used in Mechanical Face Seals
Request A Quote Online Or Call Us At 866.429.2536