Spring Energized Reciprocating Seals
Why Spring-Energized PTFE Reciprocating Seals?
The Performance Sealing spring energized reciprocating seals replace conventional elastomeric O-rings and U-cups where the service conditions are beyond their operating capabilities. They can be designed, engineered, and machined to fit a variety of different applications to meet your needs. Additional benefits of using reciprocating seals include:
- Self-Lubricating and can be used in dry environments.
- Excellent chemical compatibility for a variety of different applications.
- The Spring Enhances Performance by:
- Allowing for tolerance variation
- Overcoming thermal expansion/contraction
- Compensating for wear to increase the useful life of the seal.
Temperature & Pressure Range
Our reciprocating seals operate in a wide range of temperatures and pressure conditions.
- Temperature Range from -450°F to 600°F (-268°C to 315°C)
- Pressure Conditions from High Vacuum to High Pressure (50,000 psi)*
What are Duruseal® Spring-Energized Reciprocating Seals?
Duruseals® are composed of a Duron® seal jacket and an energizer. We offer a wide range of Duron® and energizer materials, as well as configurations to satisfy your conditions and parameters.
For a complete proposal, contact us today or request a quote on our available PTFE reciprocating seals below!
|Duruseal® F: Finger Spring Reciprocating Seal||
Finger spring reciprocating seals are suited for sealing viscuous media as the load is applied to the edge of the sealing lips.
|Duruseal® H: Helical Spring Reciprocating Seal||
Helical spring reciprocating seals are suited for slow service, cold and vacuum service.
|Duruseal® AC: Angled Coil Spring Reciprocating Seal||
Angled coil spring seals are suited for low friction, small inside diameter cross sections and best at compensating for tolerance variation, and overcoming jacket wear.
|Duruseal® R: Ribbon Spring Reciprocating Seal||
Ribbon Spring reciprocating seals are suited for extreme temperatures and hardware tolerance variations.
|Duruseal® O: Duraz™ Elastomeric O-ring||
Elastomeric O rings are best suited to minmize dead volume and provide a metal free seal.
Applications for Reciprocating Seals
PSI Duruseals® are used in the aerospace, medical, oil & gas industry, and many more. Below are some examples of applications using reciprocating seals:
- HPLC plunger pumps
- Positive Displacement Pumps for Blood Analysis
- Chemical injection pumps
- Booster pumps
- Safety valves
- Gas compressors
- Steam Control Valves
- Plug valves
- Aircraft Controls and Instruments
- Speed Brake Actuators
Contact our technical sales staff today to discuss your application's operating, hardware, and commercial conditions to develop the best performing seal solution.
* Pressure capability is based on operating temperature. Consult PSI engineering to get a recommendation or seal back-up chart.
Request A Quote Online Or Call Us At 866.429.2536