Spring Energized PTFE Rotary Seals
Why Spring-energized PTFE Rotary Seals?
- Spring energized seals replace conventional elastomeric O-rings and U-cups where the service conditions are beyond their operating capabilities
- Self-lubricating and can be used in dry environments
- Wide operating temperature range from -452°F (-270°C) to 600°F (288°C)
- Pressure conditions from high vacuum to high pressure (1,000 psi)
- Excellent chemical compatibility
- Designed, engineered and machined to fit
- Used where space is premium
- The spring enhances performance by:
- Allowing for tolerance variation and run-out
- Overcoming thermal expansion/contraction
- Compensating for wear to increase the useful life of the seal.
What are the PSI Duruseal® Spring-energized PTFE Rotary Seals?
Duruseals® are composed of a Duron® seal jacket and an energizer. We offer a wide range of Duron® and energizer materials, as well as configurations to satisfy your conditions and parameters. For a complete proposal, submit a request for quote and we will respond, immediately.
|Duruseal® F: Finger Spring Rotary Seal||
Finger spring engineered seal are suited for sealing viscuous media as the load is applied to the edge of the sealing lips.
|Duruseal® H: Helical Spring Rotary Seal||
Helical spring engineered seal are suited for slow service, cold and vacuum service.
|Duruseal® ACF: Angled Coil Spring Rotary Seal with Flange||
Angled coil engineered seals are suited for low friction, small inside diameter cross sections and best at compensating for tolerance variation, and overcoming jacket wear.
|Duruseal® O: Duraz™ Elastomeric O-ring Rotary Seal||
Eastomeric O-rings are best suited for chemical resistance and provide a metal free seal.
|Duruseal® Finger Spring with Elastomeric O ring Rotary Seal||
Finger spring engineered seal are suited for sealing viscuous media as the load is applied to the edge of the sealing lips. This seal replaces conventional oil seals where a housing incases the seal. The elastomeric feature provides outer diameter sealing and helps prevent outer diameter rotation.
Where are they used?
PSI Duruseals® are used in many industries and applications. Here are a few examples:
- Powered surgical hand pieces
- Wash down seals for motors
- Gear pumps
- Centrifugal pumps
- Gas compressors
- Aircraft controls and instruments
- Vacuum feedthroughs
Contact our technical sales staff today to discuss your application's operating, hardware, and commercial conditions to develop the best performing seal solution.
Request A Quote Online Or Call Us At 866.429.2536